Thanks to the generous support of foundations and individual donors, St. John’s Church Foundation started and completed Phase 2 in 2015. The Foundation raised a total of $462,000 for Phase 2, thanks largely in part to a $100,000 anonymous gift and a $100,000 challenge grant from the Robert G. Cabell III and Maude Morgan Cabell Foundation.
Thank you to ALL the donors who made this project possible.
- Burcham Family Fund
- Robert G. Cabell III and Maude Morgan Cabell Foundation
- Ruth Camp Campbell Foundation
- Beirne Carter Foundation
- Garland and Agnes Taylor Gray Foundation
- Thomas F. Jeffress Memorial
- National Society of the Descendants of the Signers of the Declaration of Independence
- Nocero Family Foundation
- Robins Foundation: Director Initiated Grant by Mr. Lewis T. Booker
- Roller-Bottimore Foundation
- Virginia Chapter of the Descendants of the Signers of the Declaration of Independence
- William, H., John G. & Emma Scott Foundation
- Titmus Foundation
- Windsor Foundation Trust
and countless individual donors.
Work completed during Phase 2
- replaced 3 leaking roofs (church, parish hall, boiler house)
- painted the church and parish hall exterior
- repaired or replaced the church shutters
- made plumbing repairs to the Visitor Center bathrooms
- made a conservation assessment of the church’s original 1741 sounding board above the pulpit
- conducted a structural analysis of the church roof and foundation